Mental health problems can affect anyone it doesn't matter who you are, your age or your situation in life. It has the ability to shatter lives for the person concerned and for those close to them and it is thought that one in four will suffer mental health problems at some stage in their lives.
There is lots of help and support out there. Here are a few organisations to consider:
- NHS Mental Health help for Serving personnel
- The Veterans and Reserves Mental Health Programme - Provides mental health assessments for veterans and reservists who have concerns about their mental health as a result of service.
- MIND is a mental health charity who work to create a better life for everyone with experience of mental distress.
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists works on improving the lives of people affected by mental illness.
- Big White Wall offers free, anonymous online early intervention psychological support.
- RAF Benevolent Fund are working with Anxiety UK to provide additional support to those who are serving, veterans or members of your family. There's an article relating to this in the Winter '16 edition of Envoy magazine.
- Resolution provides counselling for forces, veterans, reserves and families.
- Gardening Leave Horticultural therapy for Armed Forces personnel past and present
Share this page Tweet